Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 10 Favorite Hip-Hop Artists


I've been in a listing mood lately. For whatever reason, people love lists. They can help bring order to chaos and quantify what is otherwise uncountable. Myself, I love allowing my big mouth to throw my opinions out there, at least when it comes to what I know (or what I think I know).

Before I start, I'll throw out my Honorable Mentions. I wouldn't feel right not giving a shout out to these great artists: KRS-One. Rakim. Outkast. Chuck D. The Roots. Common. Lauryn Hill. Black Star. Redman & Method Man. The Wu-Tang Clan. Kanye West.

Now without further ado, and in no particular order, my 10 favorite Hip-Hop Artists.

10. Lupe Fiasco
09. Big Pun
08. Big L
07. Joe Budden
06. Busta Rhymes
05. Nas
04. Jay-Z
03. Eminem
02. The Notorious B.I.G. /Biggie Smalls
01. Tupac Shakur / 2Pac

I'll cover each one in individual postings. Just wanted to give a little taste of where my mind's at right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment