Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Top 10 Non-Beatles Rock Songs



I read a book a few years back, "Broken Prey," which is part of a series following a detective by the name of Lucas Davenport. Those kind of series are always right up my alley. You get to know the character so well and see them develop far more than in just a single story, and you grow to like them and learn their tendencies. Well, the reason I'm mentioning this is in this particular entry, Davenport's wife gives him an iPod and an iTunes card for $100. So he accepts this as a challenge to create a playlist of the 100 "Best Songs of the Rock Era" (this was back in '05, back when songs were just $.99). Here's a link to his list.

And since Davenport isn't a Beatles Fan, you won't find them on his list. So I took on the challenge of picking my Top 10 Rock Songs, excluding the Beatles. This may be a prelude to my own 100 Song Tribute...


01. Layla - Derek & The Dominoes
02. Purple Rain - Prince
03. Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
04. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
05. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
06. Hurricane - Bob Dylan
07. Bridge Over Trouble Water - Simon & Garfunkel
08. Dream On - Aerosmith
09. Night Moves - Bob Seger
10. Tiny Dancer - Elton John

(Note: This is in no particular order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment