Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pick for Favorite Album of the Year

(2011's Adventures of Bobby Ray? Singles have won me over, a la B.o.B did)

I will be absolutely shocked at this point if Brad Paisley's This Is Country Music fails to take my top spot at the end of 2011. Early in the year I figured Lupe's LASERS would be in contention- but it didn't quite live up to my lofty expectations (still a really really good album). With the exception of Tyler, the Creator's Goblin due out in under a month and a possible Slaughterhouse album, I don't know of any albums to be released this year that will be able to compete with Brad in my CD-Changer/iTunes/iPod rotation. But- you never know. I didn't see American Saturday Night or The Adventures of Bobby Ray, released the past two years, to claim my top spots in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

Take a look at the track list below. The features alone are mind-boggling. Pays to be the Jay-Z equivalent in Country Music. When either hits you up and offers a spot on their next album, you jump at the opportunity.

1.

"This Is Country Music"

2.

"Old Alabama" (with Alabama)

3.

"A Man Don't Have To Die"

4.

"Camouflage"

5.

"Remind Me" (with Carrie Underwood)

6.

"Working On a Tan"

7.

"Love Her Like She's Leavin'" (with Don Henley of the Eagels)

8.

"One of Those Lives"

9.

"Toothbrush"

10.

"Be the Lake"

11.

"Eastwood" (with Clint Eastwood)

12.

"New Favorite Memory"

13.

"Don't Drink the Water" (with Blake Shelton)

14.

"I Do Now"

15.

"Life's Railway To Heaven" (with Marty Stuart, Sheryl Crow, and Carl Jackson)

No comments:

Post a Comment