Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Grab-Bag


"Bastard/Seven"- Tyler the Creator of Odd Future (Hip-Hop).


I was introduced to Odd Future about a week ago, and I saw them give one of the best Late Night performances I've ever seen about a week before that, not knowing who the hell they were. They're crazy. They make Eminem look like Nat King Cole. Their leader is Tyler the Creator, the 19-year-old phenom who produces all of the groups tracks (meaning he does the beat) as well as being their most skilled rapper. I've been playing his "Bastard" album constantly over the past week and I anxiously await his upcoming "Goblin" sophomore album.


"Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll"- The Killers (Alternative).



The Killers' debut "Hot Fuss," man it blew me away. It was great to hear this new band tearing it up out of nowhere (well seemingly-- this was before I knew how to scour the Internet for the latest and greatest). Here's on of my favorite cuts from them- completely raw, completely won me over.


"Try A Little Tenderness" - Otis Redding (R&B/Soul).


Speaking of raw, this is the rawest love song I have ever heard. Otis Redding had one of the greatest voices of his generation, whose life was cut short out of tragedy (like many of our greats have). Its the kind of song you wish you could turn up louder and louder, even when the volume is up all of the way. The emotion he pours into the song is just beautiful, and a must listen for anyone whose only heard Otis's "Sittin' By The Dock Of The Bay."

No comments:

Post a Comment