Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Grab-Bag

"Just Chill (feat. Beanie Sigel & Bun B)" -- Travis Barker (Hip-Hop)

Mr. Barker's solo debut does not disappoint. He manufactured some amazing beats and recruited his friends out of his emcee Rolodex. The whole album bangs. But since I can only share one, I'm going with a couple artists I haven't discussed before- Beans and Bun B. Both are hard, real artists who don't get the recognition I wish they would.

(Side Note- one of my favorite songs to cruise around to as summer comes is Beanie's "Feel It In The Air." Its one of the best hip-hop songs I've ever heard.)


"Next To Me (Wait A Minute Sister)" -- Gavin DeGraw (Rock)

Gavin DeGraw has a great voice. Like- "listen to him cover other artists while surfing Youtube" great. His self-titled album is love-song heavy, and I'm alright with that- his style definitely supports the medium. On this one, he's trying to grab a girl's attention, but she's not even giving him the time of day. I feel ya on this one my brother.


"Don't Know Why"-- Norah Jones (Jazz)


When Norah Jones' debut album "Come Away With Me," dropped, it was an instant classic. And why not? Smooth sound. Great Song-Writing. And Norah Jones' Amazing Talent. It propelled Miss Jones to 8 Grammys, including New Artist, Song, Record and Album. AND it was the last album to ever break Diamond status (thats over 10 Million). Safe to say, she'll keep that accolade for a long time- and possibly forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment