Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hip-Hop Thursday

Following through on Day 2-- Thursday, time for Hip-Hop. This is the genre I consider my forte. I know my history, I know mainstream artists and I know artists that work the Underground scene. Of course, there's always room for improvement, so I welcome suggestions to check out new artists all the time.

So the first Hip-Hop Thursday goes to...

"Bring Me Down Part 3 feat. Joe Budden," - Saigon.

Now Saigon's debut album was released this week after some 6 years of delays and record label holdups. It was at a Detox-like level, except Saigon actually worked on the album and wanted it out a long time ago. This track was the last one to not make the album, so I'm including it here in hopes that it inspires you to go hear the rest of Saigon's work (which I must admit, was worth the wait). Saigon's flow here it ridiculous, the hook is amazing, and it features one of my personal favorites, the great Joe Budden. Saigon and Joe had a beef that didn't make any sense outside of it spawned this "bury-the-hatchet" track, so it worked out for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment