Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hip-Hop Thursday



I didn't forget today- I just had what might have been the longest Academic Day at UNH. Regardless, the time it took me to sit down to write this allowed for the release of the music video I'm about to share with you. (Also in that time frame, the Boston Celtics did a bunch of shit that I'm not 100% behind, but I'll likely address that tomorrow).


Dre announcing Detox "Coming this Winter," several winters ago.


"I Need A Doctor" - Dr. Dre feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey.
The visuals for this video are pretty awesome-- that's why I picked it (I was initially leaning towards an all Slaughterhouse Thursday, but...). I tried to find the video footage of Dr. Dre saying "Detox" is coming back in 2009. And 2008. And again in 2005. And again on The Game's debut album. However I came up empty handed on the interwebs of YouTube. But it appears as though "Detox" may actually come out this decade-- which is good because 30-something's get more close-minded music-wise and long for those olden days.


Me, about 3 years after Detox was originally announced.

So after countless mis-leaks, release dates, and a whole lotta B.S. here's the second single off the mythical album. Em's right-- We Need You Dre.


No comments:

Post a Comment